Electrical Design Engineer
- Location: Neston
- Sector: Technical & Engineering
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Reward: Negotiable + annual performance bonus
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, Pension Scheme, life assurance, Private Health insurance, flexible working hours, cycle to work scheme
This is an exciting time to join a semi-mature organisation that is coming out of start up phase. With the financial support of a global organisation this is an excellent opportunity for candidates who are looking to join a company where they will be given the flexibility to make a real difference to the design of new products being taken to market. This vacancy will be based at our clients Neston Office but will work closely with the Cambridge site and therefore travel to Cambridge will be required on a frequent basis.
You will be providing support to our clients Custom Engineering Team developing cutting edge bespoke equipment. To be successful in this role you will be well educated in the field in which you wish to work either experience or qualifications alongside holding experience in an Electrical or Control Engineering role.
- Managing new product design from inception through to production
- Electrical control panel design
- Defining regulatory and safety requirements of product design
- Performing failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Conducting Risk Assessments
- Designing products that are easy to manufacture (DFM)
- Commissioning and testing products
- Ensuring compliance documentation is completed for CE mark
- Taking ideas and developing them into industrialised solutions
- Investigating equipment, techniques, materials and hardware for new products
- Support the transfer of products from development to manufacturing
- Provide support for current production equipment
- Project management of small projects
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- 3 phase power, high power switching electronics, analogue control to current standards
- Understanding of Machinery / Low Voltage / EMC Directives
- Experience of programming PLCs would be an advantage
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or similar desirable
- Experience in an Electrical / Control Engineering role
- Experience in designing, developing and testing new products
- Producing detailed electrical designs preferably using EPLAN P8 or CAD packages
PLEASE NOTE: Our client would be particularly interested in speaking to candidates who have experience within the following technologies: Plastics, polymer, printed electronics, thin film coatings or display industry.
If you were to hold a City & Guilds 4 Day Machinery Safety Course or to be a Certified Machinery Safety Expert (TUV NORD) this would be extremely advantageous.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.