Software Applications Engineer
- Location: Cambridge
- Sector: Technical & Engineering
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Core Hours 9am – 4pm – you must work 37.5 hours per week over 5 days
- Reward: £40,000 - £45,000 + bonus
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Company Benefits: 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Cycle to work Scheme. Cambridge Science Park Benefits: Table Tennis in the park, Park Life events programme, wellbeing events, dining rooms and lunch facilities at The Bradfield Centre & Trinity Centre, discount at cycle shops around Cambridge, 10% discount on Train Season tickets, 20% off Hugge Mattresses, 10% of Douce Hairdressing, on site nursery, Revolution Health & Fitness centre, Hairdresser & Beauty Salon on Thursdays, foodPark, Osteopathy, Cash machine
We are looking for skilled candidates to join our clients design engineering team. You will be assisting in the development of cutting-edge bespoke equipment from product design to completion. Travel will be required to attend conferences, exhibitions or customer visits.
- Design, construct and test PLC Programs and HMI’s for customised products to IEC 61131-3.
- Produce Functional Design Specifications and test plans
- Performing FMEA / Risk Assessments / DFM (Design for manufacture)
- Investigation of equipment, techniques, materials and hardware for new products
- Support the transfer of products from development to manufacturing/customer
- Provide support / expert advice for current production equipment
- Siemens S7-1500 PLC – programming in TIA portal using Ladder logic
- Beckhoff TwinCAT and TwinSAFE - using Structural Text
Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of commissioning / testing product
- HNC or higher in Electrical Engineering or similar or substantial experience in a similar role
- Proven experience in PLC / Control Engineering role
- Programming via Siemens and/or Beckhoff PLC’s
- Experience with ProfiNET / ADS Protocols would be desirable
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.