CNC Programmer – CAD/CAM
- Location: Ely
- Sector: Technical & Engineering
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Monday – Thursday 8am – 5pm and Fridays 8am – 1:30pm
- Reward: Competitive
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: 23 days holiday + 8 bank holiday, flexible working hours, 4% Pension
We are currently looking for a skilled CNC Programmer to join a rapidly expanding precision engineering business where you will typically manufacture complex parts machined from large castings in very small batches. The parts are of high value, made to a very high standard and so experience in a precision engineering environment is crucial. This is an ideal career opportunity for a skilled CNC Miller to programme, set and operate 4th and 5th axis, Fanuc based controlled, Haas and Matsuura milling machines.
- Reading and interpretation of very complex drawings
- Design and manufacture of fixtures where appropriate
- Setting up new jobs
- Ability to work to very tight tolerances (microns)
- Loading, examining and modifying CNC programmes
- Documenting the work done accurately and comprehensively
- Support the business with offline programming of complex parts
Skills and Experience Required:
- Being able to understand the importance of customer requirements and work to achieve deadlines
- Having a good understanding of what a programme is going to do in order that equipment and parts are protected from potential damage
- Excellent CAD/CAM skills, preferably GIBBSCAM but training can be provided for this package
- Project Management and customer facing skills.
- Problem-solving techniques
- Providing QA support
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this to Permanent vacancy.