- Location: Cambridge
- Sector: Technical & Engineering
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: Core Hours 9am – 4pm – you must work 37.5 hours per week over 5 days
- Reward: £25,000 - £28,000 + 10% of salary bonus
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Company Benefits: 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Cycle to work Scheme. Cambridge Science Park Benefits: Table Tennis in the park, Park Life events programme, wellbeing events, dining rooms and lunch facilities at The Bradfield Centre & Trinity Centre, discount at cycle shops around Cambridge, 10% discount on Train Season tickets, 20% off Hugge Mattresses, 10% of Douce Hairdressing, on site nursery, Revolution Health & Fitness centre, Hairdresser & Beauty Salon on Thursdays, foodPark, Osteopathy, Cash machine
This is a position that has become available due to internal promotion within the business, therefore we are looking for someone to join the team to offer expertise in creating designs using the latest CAD software AutoCADLT. You will be part of a small team headed up by the Senior R&D Engineer and working alongside an apprentice. This is a dual role that will also see you undertake some document control tasks of which full training would be provided.
- Create detailed designs with computer-aided design (CAD) software - AutoCADLT
- Producing drawings of all products from information contained in Product Information Files (PIF’s)
- Work from sketches and specifications created by engineers to prepare drawings for review
- Identify and support potential manufacturing issues
- Assist in the redesign of products to improve production process
- Support and provide guidance for simple jig designs
Other duties may include (training would be provided)
- Bring responsible for the change management of the BOM (Bills of Materials) and Routings
- Assist with product lifecycle management (PLM) for all materials in SAP
- Take responsibilities for Document Management System (DMS) in SAP
- Update and maintain the MS Access database with relevant information for each product
Knowledge and Experience Required:
- Proven experience of producing drawings using CAD(2D)
- Operating the CAD system (AutoCAD LT) to produce drawings
- Ensuring that information in the CAD system is maintained, updated and protected correctly.
- Excellent attention to detail, logical/methodical thinker
- Experience in a manufacturing support role
- We would ask that all candidates applying for this role either have experience of using SAP or are willing to learn how to use the system to support the process.
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.