- Location: Newmarket
- Sector: Technical & Engineering, Industrial & Manufacturing
- Job type: Full Time, Permanent
- Hours: 37.5 hours per week (9am – 5pm Monday – Friday with 30 minutes for lunch)
- Reward: £18,000 - £25,000
- Start: ASAP
- Benefits: Enhanced holiday scheme - 5 extra days (33 day per annum including Bank holidays), overtime pay (1.5 per hour over contacted hours), Company pension scheme after 3 months qualifying period, company sick pay for 1 year + service
This role will be considered at various levels from candidates who have 2 – 5 years proven experience and salary will be paid dependant on experience level. You will have proven laboratory experience, ideally within environmental testing alongside relevant instrumentation experience from the processing of high volumes of samples and therefore you must be able to work at pace to be suitable for this position.
You will have strong analytical skills for this position including a Degree in on of the following subjects: Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Forensic Science, Applied Science, Physics, Maths or Geochemistry. We are not considering candidates from a pharmaceutical laboratory for this vacancy so candidates with this experience need not apply.
- Set up test equipment in the lab to complete specific procedures
- Perform complex chemical tests on materials and samples
- Log and analyse data revealed by lab tests
- Manage inventory supplies by keeping track of materials used and ordering new items as needed
- Perform maintenance on lab equipment
- Making calibrations, cleaning equipment & replacing parts
- Troubleshoot lab equipment to spot problems and report issues to the lab supervisor
Organics Lab Instrumentation Used: GC-FID, GC-MS, HPLC, Headspace GC-FID, Headspace GC-MS, GC*GC-FID Inorganic Lab Instrumentation Used: ICP-MS, ICP-AOS, HPLC, Aquacam, UV-VIS, COD/BOD, TOC, Titrators, Calorimetric
Skills and Experience Required:
- Relevant instrumentation experience & knowledge of analysis
- BSc in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Forensic Science, Applied Science, Physics, Maths, Geochemistry
- Similar industry experience is desirable but not from a Pharmaceutical Lab
- Experience of working in a fast-paced lab environment with a high volume of samples
- Have experience of using and understanding of instruments present in the lab
If you have not received a response within 3-5 working days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful. Busy Bee Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency for this Permanent vacancy.